Wednesday, August 7, 2013

MRI Day Take 2

It's MRI day take 2 today.  Even though I shouldn't be I am a ball of nerves.  Riley is moving around so much more rolling, pushing things out of her way so I am not sure she will stay as still as she needs to.  It's funny though because I am so happy and proud of her yet, her improvements are complicating things!  She's not having the MRI done under sedation and of course I am second guessing if this was the best route to go.  So we're heading to CHOC in a couple of hours and I am crossing everything I can that the MRI is completed without any issues.

We had a busy weekend which allowed us to be distracted from the fact that this week was MRI week.  Oh and next week is the sedated hearing test and the following week is a visit to the neurologist.  I think I am going to re name August the month that keeps me up at night!  It's just jam packed with important appointments on top of the various therapies Riley has.

This weekend Mason had his first big boy haircut!  Poor little guy had the craziest hair and it was starting to grow in a million different directions.  So Saturday afternoon we took him to SportsClips and took care of the craziness.  I'll admit I was a little hesitant and wanted to let it grow a little bit more.  It just feels like a first haircut is one of the last things you do with your child as a "baby"!  He was so calm during the whole thing and the lady that cut his hair did a fantastic job!  Now to get used to the big boy haircut.  Thank goodness he still likes to snuggle.
Ready for his haircut!

Smiles

Such a big boy now!

Saturday Riley was able to tolerate her stander with us in the family room.  Logan had cartoons on in the background and it was cool that Riley was actually turning her head to see the TV!  I also had Riley show daddy all of the things she can do now like holding her head up and moving it from side to side.  Dave was very impressed!  Heck I am very impressed.  I really think that the goals I have set with many of her different therapists are realistic.  I just have to constantly remind myself that we need to look at Riley's development from an infant standpoint not a toddler's.  She's basically starting all over again.  But, just like she did the first time she is now learning the things that come naturally to babies.  Riley is working so so hard and it really is paying off.
Looking at the TV.  It's much more interesting then mommy!


Sunday Dave and Logan headed to the Angels game with Grammie and Pa Doug.  Logan has talked non stop about the Angels since going to his first game with his friend Ryan a couple of months ago.  It was an afternoon game so it was a little hot and Logan only lasted 4 or 5 innings but, they all had a blast!  Now, to get Logan to a Dodger game as Uncle Brad isn't very happy that Logan is going to the other side and rooting for the Angels!


We're back to therapies and summer craziness around the house!  Thankfully, Hannah is back from her family vacation.  I knew the boys' missed her when Mason almost jumped out of my arms on Monday to Hannah. 
Thankful for these 2 that keep me laughing!


We hope you are all having a great week!  I'm hoping that after today I can relax a little bit until the next critical appointment!  One day at a time, one day at a time....

Fight On!

Love,
Dave, Megan, Logan, Mason and Courageous Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment